Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Tax Breaks for DestiNY USA?
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The fate of DestiNY USA could be decided in the next few days. The developer of the $2.2 billion project is seeking a multi-million dollar tax break from the state, but one house of the Legislature is unlikely to endorse the measure. The Senate's refusal to consider it is primarily due to opposition from Syracuse-area state senator John DeFrancisco. He tells WRVO's Chris Ulanowski that it's still unclear exactly what the developer wants to build.