Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Tax Breaks for DestiNY USA?
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The fate of DestiNY USA could be decided in the next few days. The developer of the $2.2 billion project is seeking a multi-million dollar tax break from the state, but one house of the Legislature is unlikely to endorse the measure. The Senate's refusal to consider it is primarily due to opposition from Syracuse-area state senator John DeFrancisco. He tells WRVO's Chris Ulanowski that it's still unclear exactly what the developer wants to build.