Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Tax Breaks for DestiNY USA?
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The fate of DestiNY USA could be decided in the next few days. The developer of the $2.2 billion project is seeking a multi-million dollar tax break from the state, but one house of the Legislature is unlikely to endorse the measure. The Senate's refusal to consider it is primarily due to opposition from Syracuse-area state senator John DeFrancisco. He tells WRVO's Chris Ulanowski that it's still unclear exactly what the developer wants to build.