Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Tax Breaks for DestiNY USA?
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The fate of DestiNY USA could be decided in the next few days. The developer of the $2.2 billion project is seeking a multi-million dollar tax break from the state, but one house of the Legislature is unlikely to endorse the measure. The Senate's refusal to consider it is primarily due to opposition from Syracuse-area state senator John DeFrancisco. He tells WRVO's Chris Ulanowski that it's still unclear exactly what the developer wants to build.