Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Teaching Sept. 11 To A New Generation
Explaining Sept. 11 to young students can be a formidable challenge for teachers. Unis Middle School in Dearborn, Mich. has taken a unique approach through The Living Textbook Project. The program lets students play the role of journalists and report the attacks through different perspectives. Host Michel Martin speaks with April Kincaid, a teacher at Unis who works on the program, and Nour Eidy, one of Kincaid's students.