Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Teaching Sept. 11 To A New Generation
Explaining Sept. 11 to young students can be a formidable challenge for teachers. Unis Middle School in Dearborn, Mich. has taken a unique approach through The Living Textbook Project. The program lets students play the role of journalists and report the attacks through different perspectives. Host Michel Martin speaks with April Kincaid, a teacher at Unis who works on the program, and Nour Eidy, one of Kincaid's students.