Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Teaching Sept. 11 To A New Generation
Explaining Sept. 11 to young students can be a formidable challenge for teachers. Unis Middle School in Dearborn, Mich. has taken a unique approach through The Living Textbook Project. The program lets students play the role of journalists and report the attacks through different perspectives. Host Michel Martin speaks with April Kincaid, a teacher at Unis who works on the program, and Nour Eidy, one of Kincaid's students.