Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Telephone outages in Oswego County affects 911
Some people may not be able to reach 911 in sections of Oswego County today (Friday, August 3), due to telephone outages in some parts of the county.
Citizens that cannot reach 911 by phone should go to their local fire station for assistance. Fire stations in Altmar, Lacona, Sandy Creek, and Parish are being staffed for that purpose, and other stations may be added.
Parts of northern and eastern Oswego County experienced similar telephone outages overnight Thursday, and fire stations were staffed at that time as well. That problem was resolved in a matter of hours.