Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Telephone outages in Oswego County affects 911
Some people may not be able to reach 911 in sections of Oswego County today (Friday, August 3), due to telephone outages in some parts of the county.
Citizens that cannot reach 911 by phone should go to their local fire station for assistance. Fire stations in Altmar, Lacona, Sandy Creek, and Parish are being staffed for that purpose, and other stations may be added.
Parts of northern and eastern Oswego County experienced similar telephone outages overnight Thursday, and fire stations were staffed at that time as well. That problem was resolved in a matter of hours.