Most Active Stories
- Offshore wind energy faces setbacks in Great Lakes
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Susan Wood and Thomas Drake on The Campbell Conversations
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
Text Reignites Debate: Did Jesus Have A Wife?
Originally published on Wed September 19, 2012 5:03 am
A Harvard researcher says a "new gospel" written on a fragment of papyrus shows some early Christians believed Jesus had a wife. The fragment — which scholars believe was written in the fourth century — is creating a sensation among New Testament experts.