Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Thanks For Nothing, Stephen: Colbert Spoils The Wiki Veep Indicator
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 12:11 pm
Well, tracking changes to prominent politicians' Wikipedia pages had been one way of trying to get advance notice of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney's vice presidential pick.
But then Stephen Colbert just had to tell his Nation to start messing around with some of those veep possibilities' Wiki pages.
So now Wikipedia has protected pages such as those for Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty out of fear of "vandalism."
Thanks, Stephen. Now what will bloggers do? Report?
Update at 12:10 p.m. ET, Aug. 10. Romney's Page Too:
As the BBC points out, Wikipedia has had to lock down Romney's page as well.