Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
The Things Roz Chast Hates, 'From A To Z'
New Yorker cartoonist Roz Chast says she is sure of two things: she is an anxious person, and she knows her alphabet by heart. So, in her new book What I Hate: From A to Z, Chast puts her dislikes and fears in alphabetical order with a full-page cartoon for each of her 26 anxieties.
Some are standard fears — H is for heights and E is for elevators — while others are a bit more irrational — S is for spontaneous human combustion and Y is for yellow.
NPR's Neal Conan talks with Chast about what she hates, from A to Z.