Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
The Things Roz Chast Hates, 'From A To Z'
New Yorker cartoonist Roz Chast says she is sure of two things: she is an anxious person, and she knows her alphabet by heart. So, in her new book What I Hate: From A to Z, Chast puts her dislikes and fears in alphabetical order with a full-page cartoon for each of her 26 anxieties.
Some are standard fears — H is for heights and E is for elevators — while others are a bit more irrational — S is for spontaneous human combustion and Y is for yellow.
NPR's Neal Conan talks with Chast about what she hates, from A to Z.