Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
The Things Roz Chast Hates, 'From A To Z'
New Yorker cartoonist Roz Chast says she is sure of two things: she is an anxious person, and she knows her alphabet by heart. So, in her new book What I Hate: From A to Z, Chast puts her dislikes and fears in alphabetical order with a full-page cartoon for each of her 26 anxieties.
Some are standard fears — H is for heights and E is for elevators — while others are a bit more irrational — S is for spontaneous human combustion and Y is for yellow.
NPR's Neal Conan talks with Chast about what she hates, from A to Z.