Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Threatened In Tucson: Mexican American Studies
An Arizona administrative law judge recently ruled that a program in Tucson's public schools violates a state law banning classes that 'promote resentment toward a race or class of people.' But program supporters say the courses teach a neglected history and inspire Latino students to excel. The Los Angeles Times' Stephen Ceasar has reported this issue and speaks with host Michel Martin.