Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Three Mile Island : 25 Years Later
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – March 28 marks the 25th anniversary of the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island.
The nuclear energy industry, regulators, and even critics maintain the plants are safer now that they were in 1979, thanks to more stringent safety measures.
But WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports that, while the plants may be safer, public information about them is becoming harder and harder to get.