Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Three Mile Island : 25 Years Later
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – March 28 marks the 25th anniversary of the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island.
The nuclear energy industry, regulators, and even critics maintain the plants are safer now that they were in 1979, thanks to more stringent safety measures.
But WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports that, while the plants may be safer, public information about them is becoming harder and harder to get.