Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Three Mile Island : 25 Years Later
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – March 28 marks the 25th anniversary of the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island.
The nuclear energy industry, regulators, and even critics maintain the plants are safer now that they were in 1979, thanks to more stringent safety measures.
But WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports that, while the plants may be safer, public information about them is becoming harder and harder to get.