Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
More News From WRVO
Three Mile Island : 25 Years Later
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – March 28 marks the 25th anniversary of the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island.
The nuclear energy industry, regulators, and even critics maintain the plants are safer now that they were in 1979, thanks to more stringent safety measures.
But WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports that, while the plants may be safer, public information about them is becoming harder and harder to get.