Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Thunderstorms Rip Through Central New York
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Severe thunderstorms slammed Central and Northern New York today. Thousands of National Grid customers were left without power. The storm downed tree limbs and power lines.
At one point, Interstate 81 had to be closed in Northern Oswego County because of wind-blown storm debris. On Lake Ontario, the Coast Guard safely assisted a distressed boater who had been caught out on the lake at the height of the storm.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher has this report on the city of Oswego, one of the harder hit areas.