Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Thunderstorms Rip Through Central New York
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Severe thunderstorms slammed Central and Northern New York today. Thousands of National Grid customers were left without power. The storm downed tree limbs and power lines.
At one point, Interstate 81 had to be closed in Northern Oswego County because of wind-blown storm debris. On Lake Ontario, the Coast Guard safely assisted a distressed boater who had been caught out on the lake at the height of the storm.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher has this report on the city of Oswego, one of the harder hit areas.