Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
More News From WRVO
The Transformation of a Neighborhood on Decline
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – A rundown neighborhood in Syracuse, that has had its share of slumlords, drug users and prostitutes has a new vibrancy.
New urban pioneers are behind the transformation of Hawley-Green. They are drawn to the historic charm of older neighborhoods and cultural attributes of urban living...but can other neighborhoods learn from this transformation?
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher prepared this report.
Photos by: Kelly Olsen