Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Transmission line opposition grows.
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – New York Regional Interconnect's plan for construction of high-voltage transmission line from Utica, NY to the New York City region is being met with mounting public opposition. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to one activist involved in the fight -- Eve Ann Schwartz -- who is a spokeswoman for "STOP N-Y-R-I Inc."