Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Turkey Farm Tradition Ends
By Chris Ulanowski
Plainville, NY – A turkey farm with a long tradition in Central New York is about to undergo a major change.
The new owners of the Plainville Turkey Farm in northern Onondaga County are converting it into a kosher poultry operation and moving the turkey business to Pennsylvania.
The Bitz family sold the family farm last year. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Mark Bitz about the change over.