Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Around the Nation
Twitter Lit Up When Superdome Lost Power
Originally published on Mon February 4, 2013 12:09 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
If you can imagine, Twitter was on fire during the Super Bowl. But the Twitterverse really lit up when the lights went out at the Superdome. Predictably, someone created a Twitter account named SuperBowlLights, and there were tweets like this: Only need half the lights anyway, as only half the teams are playing - that's just mean. Many people tweeted that it must have been Beyonce who knocked out the lights with her electric half-time show
Well, we'll always leave the lights on four you here at MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.