Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
UAlbany expands research into RNA
Most of us know all about DNA, the genetic building blocks that make us unique. But in recent years, there’s a lot of interest in RNA— a molecule that controls how our genes are expressed.
It has implications for treating everything from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease and millions of dollars in federal and state investment are going into RNA research at the University at Albany.
Here's the audio report by Marie:
Or you can watch the story Marie filed for WMHT's New York NOW: