Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Umbilical Cord Blood Bank Center Planned For Syracuse, NY
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The State of New York plans on opening a 10-million dollar umbilical cord blood bank center in Syracuse. The center will collect umbilical cord stem cells to help treat people with blood diseases.
State Senator John Defrancisco helped secure state funding for the project.
He spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.