Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Umbilical Cord Blood Bank Center Planned For Syracuse, NY
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The State of New York plans on opening a 10-million dollar umbilical cord blood bank center in Syracuse. The center will collect umbilical cord stem cells to help treat people with blood diseases.
State Senator John Defrancisco helped secure state funding for the project.
He spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.