Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
More News From WRVO
Umbilical Cord Blood Bank Center Planned For Syracuse, NY
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The State of New York plans on opening a 10-million dollar umbilical cord blood bank center in Syracuse. The center will collect umbilical cord stem cells to help treat people with blood diseases.
State Senator John Defrancisco helped secure state funding for the project.
He spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.