Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Unemployed For More Than A Year? You're Not Alone
A new survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation and NPR found that nearly 5 million Americans have been unemployed for a year or more, with some parts of the population harder hit than others. Host Michel Martin speaks with NPR Senior Business Editor Marilyn Geewax, unemployed bus driver Vincent Brandon, and Ellen Wright, an underemployed paralegal.