Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Unemployed For More Than A Year? You're Not Alone
A new survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation and NPR found that nearly 5 million Americans have been unemployed for a year or more, with some parts of the population harder hit than others. Host Michel Martin speaks with NPR Senior Business Editor Marilyn Geewax, unemployed bus driver Vincent Brandon, and Ellen Wright, an underemployed paralegal.