Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Union Reacts to Possibility of Layoffs
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, N Y – The state's largest employees union is standing its ground as Governor Paterson calls for the re-opening of labor union contracts.
Paterson wants to layoff about 9,000 state workers unless the state's labor unions make contract concessions.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the Civil Service Employee's Association's Stephen Madarasz. He explains why the move wouldn't be worth it.