Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Union Reacts to Possibility of Layoffs
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, N Y – The state's largest employees union is standing its ground as Governor Paterson calls for the re-opening of labor union contracts.
Paterson wants to layoff about 9,000 state workers unless the state's labor unions make contract concessions.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the Civil Service Employee's Association's Stephen Madarasz. He explains why the move wouldn't be worth it.