Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Union Reacts to Possibility of Layoffs
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, N Y – The state's largest employees union is standing its ground as Governor Paterson calls for the re-opening of labor union contracts.
Paterson wants to layoff about 9,000 state workers unless the state's labor unions make contract concessions.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the Civil Service Employee's Association's Stephen Madarasz. He explains why the move wouldn't be worth it.