Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
Union Reacts to Possibility of Layoffs
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, N Y – The state's largest employees union is standing its ground as Governor Paterson calls for the re-opening of labor union contracts.
Paterson wants to layoff about 9,000 state workers unless the state's labor unions make contract concessions.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the Civil Service Employee's Association's Stephen Madarasz. He explains why the move wouldn't be worth it.