Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Upstate Medical University to Host SUNY Forum
By Ryan Morden
Oswego, NY – Upstate Medical University is planning to host a forum Thursday morning in Syracuse.
The discussion will be focused on how the SUNY system can be a driving force in revitalizing the New York economy, particularly within the medical field.
This forum is number seven in a series of eight.
Dave Belsky is the spokesperson for SUNY. He said the forums are phase two in SUNY's strategic plan, and the information gathered from the forums will be put into a comprehensive report for how the univeristy system can improve.
"As this process is going on, we're compiling and we're building the report as it goes, and then sometime around April is going to be the launch period, where the third phase starts, which is implementation," said Belsky.
Phase one in the SUNY system's improvement process was Chancellor Nancy Zimpher's tour of all sixty-four campuses last summer.
The public is invited to attend tomorrow's forum at Upstate Medical University.