Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
U.S. Birthrate Dropped During Recession
A new report by the Pew Research Center shows that the U.S. birthrate dropped sharply during the recession. Guy Raz speaks with senior demographer Carl Haub from the nonprofit Population Reference Bureau about the correlation of America's recessions and a decrease in birthrate.