Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Utica School Board May Hire Consultant
Utica, NY – The Utica School Board will consider hiring an outside consultant to help cut costs.
School Board President D.Victor Pellegrino says the financial advocate would help the district restore it's credit rating. In November, Moody's Investor Services warned the Utica school district that it was facing junk bond status.
Superintendent Daniel Lowengard says the district is cutting costs daily. He says the only solution to the schools fiscal problems is more state aid.
But since more state aid is unlikely this year, Lowengard says he will implement a plan for the consultant if the board approves Pellegrino's request.