Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
More News From WRVO
Utica School Board May Hire Consultant
Utica, NY – The Utica School Board will consider hiring an outside consultant to help cut costs.
School Board President D.Victor Pellegrino says the financial advocate would help the district restore it's credit rating. In November, Moody's Investor Services warned the Utica school district that it was facing junk bond status.
Superintendent Daniel Lowengard says the district is cutting costs daily. He says the only solution to the schools fiscal problems is more state aid.
But since more state aid is unlikely this year, Lowengard says he will implement a plan for the consultant if the board approves Pellegrino's request.