Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
VIDEO: Chilling New View Of The 1986 Challenger Explosion
Today, The Huffington Post released what it says is a never-before-seen video of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
The video, the site says, was taken by Jeffrey Ault of Orange City, Fla. on Super 8 film from the Kennedy Space Center viewing site, which is less than ten miles from the launch site. There have been other amateur videos of the disaster released. But it does seem like this is the first time this video is making the rounds.
Either way, it's chilling and really portrays the confusion and heartbreak that followed the Jan. 28, 1986 explosion. Here's the video:
h/t: NPR's Laurel Dalrymple.