Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Violent Crime Report Prompts Calls for Ending the Drug War
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The sharp increase in violent crime as reported by the FBI has experts and officials looking for answers. One idea that has been floating around for several years is to legalize drugs and have government regulate the drug trade.
Peter Christ of Cazenovia, NY is a retired police captain who has been a proponent of drug legalization since the early 1990's. He's with the group "Law Enforcement Against Prohibition." WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with Christ.