Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Violent Crime Report Prompts Calls for Ending the Drug War
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The sharp increase in violent crime as reported by the FBI has experts and officials looking for answers. One idea that has been floating around for several years is to legalize drugs and have government regulate the drug trade.
Peter Christ of Cazenovia, NY is a retired police captain who has been a proponent of drug legalization since the early 1990's. He's with the group "Law Enforcement Against Prohibition." WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with Christ.