Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Virginia Tech On Alert After Report Of Shots
Virginia Tech has advised everyone on campus to "seek shelter or stay where you are" because of reports about shots being fired there.
It adds that:
"[A] suspect described as white male, gray sweat pants, gray hat w/neon green brim, maroon hoodie and backback" was seen "on foot towards McComas" — the university's athletics facility.
The university was the site of mass shooting in April 2007, during which a student killed 32 other people before taking his own life.
Update at 1:16 p.m. ET. Officer And Possibly A Second Person Shot:
The university's website now says:
"Suspect remains at large. A police officer has been shot. A potential second victim is reported at the Cage lot. Stay indoors. Secure in place."
Update at 1:15 p.m. ET. Officer Reportedly Shot:
WDBJ-TV in Roanoke says its reporter Karen Kiley says "a police officer is the one who has been shot."