Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
IS THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT OUTDATED?
Originally published on Mon December 3, 2012 12:13 pm
The Supreme Court is set to hear a challenge to the 1965 Voting Rights Act. The Court will decide if some states need to get permission from the federal government before making changes that affect voting. Host Michel Martin speaks with Spencer Overton of George Washington University and Hans von Spakovsky of the Heritage Foundation.