Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Voting Rights For People With Criminal Records
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A civil liberties group is working to raise awareness about the voting rights of people with criminal records.
The New York Civil Liberties Union has launched a campaign which features bus and train advertisements, public service announcements and a new web page, www.nyclu.org/vote.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the Civil Liberty Union's Corinne Carey.