Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
V.P. Boehner? Not If He Has To Go To Funerals, The Speaker Jokes
Originally published on Thu September 15, 2011 4:17 pm
There was a funny moment during House Speaker John Boehner's appearance at The Economic Club of Washington a few minutes ago.
Asked if he might be a possible Republican vice presidential nominee in 2012, Boehner — who's known for his habit of tearing up — joked that it's unlikely he'd be good for that job:
"It's hard enough for me to go to funerals of people I know, much less don't know."
Our post on the substance of his address is here: "Boehner Pushes GOP Ideas On Overhauling Taxes."