Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
V.P. Boehner? Not If He Has To Go To Funerals, The Speaker Jokes
Originally published on Thu September 15, 2011 4:17 pm
There was a funny moment during House Speaker John Boehner's appearance at The Economic Club of Washington a few minutes ago.
Asked if he might be a possible Republican vice presidential nominee in 2012, Boehner — who's known for his habit of tearing up — joked that it's unlikely he'd be good for that job:
"It's hard enough for me to go to funerals of people I know, much less don't know."
Our post on the substance of his address is here: "Boehner Pushes GOP Ideas On Overhauling Taxes."