Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
WATCH: Goats Escape Avalanche
Originally published on Wed December 11, 2013 6:08 am
Gawker brings us this video posted on Monday of a herd of chamois goats that make a seemingly miraculous escape from an avalanche on an Alpine mountain face. It occurs in the Rhone-Alpes near Pralognan-la-Vanoise, not far from the border between France and Italy.
Skiers watching (and filming) can be heard expressing concern over the fate of the goats, who split into two groups — one that makes a relatively quick escape and another that gets hammered by the charging snow, only to emerge moments later, apparently unscathed.