Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
WATCH: Israel's New Low-Cost Airline Has Catchy Safety Video
Originally published on Tue April 15, 2014 2:55 pm
El Al, Israel's national airline, wants you to get down when you fly UP, its budget carrier that took to the skies just two weeks ago. UP has joined the list of airlines doing away with the boring safety video in favor of something more lively and, at least in this case, delightfully cheesy.
The website FlightClub says:
"The video is sort of a cross between a Ricky Martin video, mixed with Devo's 'Whip It' and heaping spoonful of Robert Palmer's 'Simply [Irresistible].' It's a bit scatterbrained, but certainly entertaining and will be sure to hold [passengers'] attention. There's also a Hebrew version, which actually sounds a lot smoother than the English translation."