Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Watch: First Lady Michelle Obama Delivers Eulogy For Maya Angelou
Originally published on Sat June 7, 2014 2:04 pm
This morning at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C., family, friends and dignitaries gathered to pay their final respects to author and poet Maya Angelou, who died last week.
President Clinton and Oprah were two of the featured speakers. She was remembered remembered as humanist who taught others the "poetry of courage."
But in our estimation, first lady Michelle Obama delivered an outstanding tribute to the poet.
It's well worth 10 minutes of your day to watch:
The entire service is here: