Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
We Can All Track 'Happy Feet' On His Swim Home
It took a little nudge, but Happy Feet the wayward penguin was indeed sent on his way home (hopefully) over the weekend.
The Associated Press has video of the moment when the little guy who ended up on a beach in New Zealand — thousands of miles from his home in Antarctica — slid into the Pacific Ocean.
Now, thanks to the satellite transmitter that was attached to the penguin, we can all follow his progress on the Web. Click here to get to a page where there's a "map" tab that should show where he is (it's not a "live" feed; the transmitter switches on twice a day for a few hours each time).
There are also Twitter updates: @nzemperor.