Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
This week: e-cigarettes, drug dependence during pregnancy and more
Health authorities are very aware of the increasing popularity of electronic cigarettes. Some think these tobacco products lure teens and young adults to the habit of smoking not only e-cigarettes but traditional cigarettes as well.
The number of high school students using e-cigarettes has doubled from 2011 to 2012. Dr. Leslie Kohman, the medical director of the Upstate Cancer Center, explains some dangers of these devices.
We'll also hear from registered dietitian Juliann Mellen this week. Mellen will cover healthy eating during a very important time in a woman's life -- pregnancy.
Be with us for these stories Sunday night at 9 p.m., as well as an update on reducing the number of babies born to drug-dependent moms.
You can find past episodes of HealthLink On Air online.