Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
This week: how stroke affects women; plus vegan diets and kidney transplants
Strokes that occur in women create symptoms that are different than those in men. Women may experience the classic sudden numbness or severe headache, but they may also develop arm pain, general weakness or hiccups.
Rochele Clark, Upstate Medical University's stroke program coordinator, explains the importance of calling 911 immediately. Quick action is essential to help lessen the damage from a stroke.
Also this week, registered dietitian Heather Richardson talks about vegan and vegetarian diets. Dr. David Keith examines relationships that develop in the practice of psychiatry. And transplant nurse Ellen Havens tells what to consider before donating a kidney.