Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
This week: a mysterious illness and a story of dramatic weight loss
This week, Dr. Leonard Weiner explains a mysterious polio-like illness affecting children in California.
Plus, Cristina Pope weighed nearly 250 pounds when she decided to get serious about losing weight. Within a year she shed more than 100 pounds by carefully watching her nutrition intake and working out regularly. Now, almost two years later, she's kept the weight off.
We'll share her secrets to success, which include exercising in a variety of ways and eating plenty of vegetables.
In this week's show we'll also discuss the DASH diet with registered dietitian Maureen Franklin, and health advocacy with two social workers.
Join us Sunday at 9 p.m. You can find show summaries and archived audio on the HeathLink on Air website.