Most Active Stories
- Adams company dominates the runway business
- Oswego revokes Brookfield's right to post warning signs along Oswego River
- Going green: the health benefits of green tea
- Sleeping off the weight: new research on the relationship between sleep and your metabolism
- City vs. suburban divide apparent from future of I-81 surveys
This week: a mysterious illness and a story of dramatic weight loss
This week, Dr. Leonard Weiner explains a mysterious polio-like illness affecting children in California.
Plus, Cristina Pope weighed nearly 250 pounds when she decided to get serious about losing weight. Within a year she shed more than 100 pounds by carefully watching her nutrition intake and working out regularly. Now, almost two years later, she's kept the weight off.
We'll share her secrets to success, which include exercising in a variety of ways and eating plenty of vegetables.
In this week's show we'll also discuss the DASH diet with registered dietitian Maureen Franklin, and health advocacy with two social workers.
Join us Sunday at 9 p.m. You can find show summaries and archived audio on the HeathLink on Air website.