Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Weekend Tire Fire Now Called "Suspicious"
By Elizabeth Christensen
Seneca Falls, NY – The investigation is continuing into a fire at a tire recycling center in Seneca Falls.
The blaze burned a pile of five thousand tires and prompted village officials to declare a state of emergency.
The Department of Environmental Conservation has been testing the site for possible chemical runoff. DEC Engineer Daniel David says a tire fire usually leaves a petroleum slick behind.
Meanwhile, state and local police are working with fire investigators to determine if the fire was an arson.