Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
Weekend Tire Fire Now Called "Suspicious"
By Elizabeth Christensen
Seneca Falls, NY – The investigation is continuing into a fire at a tire recycling center in Seneca Falls.
The blaze burned a pile of five thousand tires and prompted village officials to declare a state of emergency.
The Department of Environmental Conservation has been testing the site for possible chemical runoff. DEC Engineer Daniel David says a tire fire usually leaves a petroleum slick behind.
Meanwhile, state and local police are working with fire investigators to determine if the fire was an arson.