Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
What's Got Folks Talking? Beyonce's Baby Bump
Originally published on Mon August 29, 2011 9:26 am
Our pal Linda Holmes over at Monkey See knows much more about these types of things than we do, but we do want to take a quick break from natural disasters and other heavy news to note that megastar Beyonce Knowles apparently stole the show at Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards by cleverly revealing to the world that she and Jay-Z are expecting a child.
As The Associated Press writes, as Beyonce finished singing Love on Top, she "didn't utter a word about the pregnancy, but ended the number by taking off her jacket and rubbing her swollen belly; in the audience, an elated Jay-Z hooted and clapped for his wife as Kanye West hugged him." (Linda notes, by the way, that Beyonce had actually previewed the news a little earlier in the evening, on the VMA "black carpet.")
Twitter, as you might imagine, is all excited about #Beyonce. She and Jay-Z have been married since 2008. This will be their first child.