Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Can I Just Tell You?
What's Hair Got To Do With It?
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 12:28 pm
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas became the first African-American to win gold in the women's all-around event. But following her big moment, the twitter-verse lit up about her hair. Host Michel Martin asks how far has the country really come, when people's choices — about everything from hair to politics — are judged by superficial standards.