Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Where are the Trick or Treaters?
By Elizabeth Christensen
Albany, NY – Don't be surprised if you don't see as many trick or treaters as you used to.
An Albany Times Union Poll shows that many parents are opting out of traditional trick or treating excursions. Instead, parents are taking their children to parties, community center haunted houses, and malls that offer safe trick-or-treat programs.
Some towns are limiting trick or treat hours. One southern tier town has decided to put a 9 p.m. curfew on trick ot treaters this year.