Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
-Nature of Things
Why Do Flowers Bloom When They Do?
By John Weeks
Weeks remembers his first encounter with the fall crocus. He talks about how light wavelength effects plant growth and touches on photoperiodism as it relates to the blooming of various plants.
Originally aired on October 24, 2003.