Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
-Nature of Things
Why Do Flowers Bloom When They Do?
By John Weeks
Weeks remembers his first encounter with the fall crocus. He talks about how light wavelength effects plant growth and touches on photoperiodism as it relates to the blooming of various plants.
Originally aired on October 24, 2003.