Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
-Nature of Things
Why Do Flowers Bloom When They Do?
By John Weeks
Weeks remembers his first encounter with the fall crocus. He talks about how light wavelength effects plant growth and touches on photoperiodism as it relates to the blooming of various plants.
Originally aired on October 24, 2003.