Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Will Wallenda's wirewalk help Niagara Falls' economy?
Nik Wallenda will walk across Niagara Falls on a highwire tonight.
The city of Niagara Falls, New York sees Wallenda’s wirewalk as its best change in decades to revive tourism and spark economic development, but measuring Wallenda’s long-term impact may be tough, assuming there is one at all.
You can read the full story and hear more about the reinvention of the upstate New York economy by visiting their website.
The Innovation Trail is a collaboration between five upstate New York public media outlets. The initiative, funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), helps the public gain a better understanding of the connection between technological breakthroughs and the revitalization of the upstate New York economy.
Around the Nation