Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
Wisdom From Award-Winning Author Wideman
John Edgar Wideman is the 2011 Lifetime Achievement winner of the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards, which recognizes works that have made important contributions to understanding racism and appreciating diversity. Wideman has written 13 novels, six collections of short stories and two memoirs. He talks about his life, works and the award he receives today.