Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Wisdom From Award-Winning Author Wideman
John Edgar Wideman is the 2011 Lifetime Achievement winner of the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards, which recognizes works that have made important contributions to understanding racism and appreciating diversity. Wideman has written 13 novels, six collections of short stories and two memoirs. He talks about his life, works and the award he receives today.