Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Wisdom From Award-Winning Author Wideman
John Edgar Wideman is the 2011 Lifetime Achievement winner of the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards, which recognizes works that have made important contributions to understanding racism and appreciating diversity. Wideman has written 13 novels, six collections of short stories and two memoirs. He talks about his life, works and the award he receives today.