Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Women's Rights Pioneers Win Nobel Peace Prize
The 2011 Nobel Peace Prize winners were named Friday: Yemeni activist Tawakkul Karman, Liberian president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Liberian activist and author Leymah Gbowee. Michel Martin discusses the winners and meaning of the prize with Kristian Berg Harpviken, who follows the Nobel Committee's process closely and directs the Peace Research Institute in Oslo.