Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- Makerspace will offer a place for people to tinker
- Port of Oswego says increase in aluminum shipments puts it on pace for record season
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Smartphone app allows drivers in Syracuse to pay for parking remotely
World Music With A Latin Flavor
As he often does during weekends on All Things Considered, Betto Arcos visits the show this week to talk about some of the best new sounds he's been spinning on Global Village, his world music program on KPFK in Los Angeles. His picks this time around include a flamenco-jazz hybrid from Spain, joropo from Colombia, canchona from Washington, D.C. (by way of El Salvador), and a Cuban-inflected dance number from the Democratic Republic of Congo.