Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
World Series Fan Gives Back Game Six Homer Ball
Originally published on Mon October 31, 2011 8:44 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
A baseball fan named David Huyette used a word you don't hear so much. The word was honorable. Mr. Huyette ended up holding the homerun ball that won Game 6 of the World Series for the St. Louis Cardinals. It could've been worth thousands, but Mr. Huyette returned the historic ball. He said it was the honorable thing to do. And he was rewarded with another baseball, an autographed bat and tickets to Game 7 of the World Series. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.