Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
World's Biggest Brewer Acquires Another Company
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a new owner for Modelo.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: The world's biggest brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev, announced today it's becoming bigger. The Belgian company says it's buying the rest of the Mexican brewer known for the beer, Corona. InBev had already owned a non-controlling stake and is paying more than $20 billion for full control. Analysts say the buy will help InBev move into new markets. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.