Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
World's Biggest Brewer Acquires Another Company
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a new owner for Modelo.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: The world's biggest brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev, announced today it's becoming bigger. The Belgian company says it's buying the rest of the Mexican brewer known for the beer, Corona. InBev had already owned a non-controlling stake and is paying more than $20 billion for full control. Analysts say the buy will help InBev move into new markets. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.