Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
World's Worst Soccer Team Finally Wins A Game
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer. The world's worst soccer team finally won a game. In 17 years of international play, American Samoa has scored just a dozen goals, compared to the 229 they've allowed. But they scored two this week, to beat Tonga 2-1 in a World Cup qualifying match.
The American Samoans hope their win will raise their ranking. They currently sit at 204th in the world.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.