Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
WRVO Election Night Special Coverage
WRVO News provided regional coverage of election night during live cut-ins of NPR's national election coverage. Our reporting covered three congressional districts, Assembly races, the balance of the state legislature, and the U.S. Senate race.
We believe our coverage was comprehensive, fair and up-to-the-minute, but also thoughtful and analytical. Given our large region and small staff, we are proud of the service we provided our listeners.
Coverage included live and taped reports from correspondents covering congressional candidates including -- Dan Maffei and Onondaga County Democrats, Ann Marie Buerkle and Onondaga County Republicans, Green Party candidate Ursula Rozum, Richard Hanna and Dan Lamb. North Country Public Radio correspondents covering the 21st congressional district candidates in Watertown and Plattsburgh also contributed, as did our New York State Public Radio Capitol correspondent.
Host Jason Smith and News Director Catherine Loper anchored coverage in studio, along with analysis from political scientists, Grant Reeher and Bruce Altschuler.
Our coverage began at 8 p.m. and went through 12:40 a.m.
The audio summary is from the last two cut-ins of the evening