Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
New York – The Department of Environmental Conservation has ruled out the threat of groundwater contamination in the aftermath of a massive fire at a Seneca Falls tire recycling plant.
Five thousand scrap tires were destroyed in the blaze, but a hazardous waste specialist for the DEC says oily run-off from the fire was largely captured by oil booms around the site.
The fire is still considered "suspicious."
Abortion doctor killer, James Kopp tells "The Buffalo News" that he found the name of Doctor Barnett Slepian in the yellow pages.
Kopp admits to planning the sniper shooting for a year before firing the shot that killed Slepian in October of 1998.
Kopp says he only meant to wound the doctor to keep him from performing more abortions.
A major drug distribution network in Utica has been broken up. Five men were taken into custody yesterday, accused of selling cocaine and crack cocaine. Two other suspects are still being sought by investigators.
Yesterday's arrests cap an eighteen month investigation. If convicted, the men could face life in prison and fines of up to four million dollars each. The suspects are being held without bail in Oneida County Jail.