Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- School closings and delays for Wednesday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Zoe Wool on the Campbell Conversations
Zoe Wool is a researcher and writer who has been working with war-injured American soldiers returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
In this edition of the Campbell Conversations, she discusses how their struggles are both extraordinary and ordinary, and the importance of solitude. She also describes how the reality of the wounded soldiers' experiences in recuperating run up against the assumptions and psychological needs of others back home, when they encounter them, as well as her concerns about the way the military is trying to address the problem of suicide among returning veterans.