Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Zoe Wool on the Campbell Conversations
Zoe Wool is a researcher and writer who has been working with war-injured American soldiers returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
In this edition of the Campbell Conversations, she discusses how their struggles are both extraordinary and ordinary, and the importance of solitude. She also describes how the reality of the wounded soldiers' experiences in recuperating run up against the assumptions and psychological needs of others back home, when they encounter them, as well as her concerns about the way the military is trying to address the problem of suicide among returning veterans.