Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
The Capitol Pressroom
The Capitol Pressroom is a daily one-hour public radio news magazine broadcast from the heart of the New York's political hub: The Legislative Correspondents Association Pressroom, on the 3rd floor of the State Capitol in Albany.
Hosted by award-winning broadcast journalist Susan Arbetter, the show features analysis from seasoned political beat reporters who work for newspapers & wire services around the state like the New York Times, Newsday, The Buffalo News, the Albany Times Union, Gannett News Service and the Associated Press.
Each weekday, the program features one-on-one interviews with newsmakers like Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, businessman Tom Golisano, Minority Leader Brian Kolb.
Just like the reporters who work there, The Capitol Pressroom is fun, intense, compelling, and sharp. Susan Arbetter brings over 15 years of experience as a news correspondent in Albany to the show. Arbetter was a long-time host and former News Director at WAMC Public Radio as well as the former host & producer of PBS' premiere statewide political show, New York Now, which she developed.