Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
To those passing through the area, central New York may seem an assemblage of small, quiet communities without a lot to say about themselves. But central New Yorkers already know their region is a rich mosaic of memories, landmarks, unique activities, culinary staples and events that bring out the best. WRVO's Sounds of Central New York is dedicated to highlighting the captivating sounds and stories that illustrate who we are.
We are working to preserve our history by capturing the voices and familiar sounds of central New York. Maybe your memories will recall another great moment in someone else's life. If so, let us know.
If you have a story that illustrates the unique character of central New York and its history, one that you would like to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.